Auto Insurance in the Bahamas
With Star General you are offered choices on your coverage to suit your budget as well as your individual situation.
- Third Party: This policy covers legal liability for death or bodily injury to any other person and damage to other vehicles or property belonging to others.
- Third Party Fire & Theft: In addition to Third Party above, this policy covers loss of or damage to the vehicle as a result of fire or theft.
- Comprehensive: In addition to Third Party Fire and Theft cover above, this policy covers loss of or damage to the vehicle other than a result of fire or theft.
If you are in a motor accident.
- Obtain names and addresses of the other parties involved as well as all witnesses.
- Report the accident to the Police within 24 hours.
- If your vehicle is disabled as a result of an accident and your insurance cover is “Comprehensive”, arrange for its removal to a safe place, for its protection.
- Do not sign an admission of liability until you have consulted us.
- Advise us at the earliest possible opportunity. Produce to the company your driver’s licence or the licence of the driver at the time of the accident.
- If your insurance cover is “comprehensive”, request your garage to forward promptly to us a detailed estimate of the cost of repairs. We will then arrange for an examination of the vehicle and, once satisfied, we’ll be in a position to offer you maximum assistance which, after all, is what you have paid for.
In case of emergency you should always keep the following information in your vehicle:
- Your insurance ID card and vehicle registration
- Emergency contact number
- Medical card if you have a condition that requires special attention
- Pen, Paper, Flashlight, First-aid kit
- Jumper cables
- Disposable camera
- Cell phone